There has been a common misconception that animal naturopathy is only a form of alternative medicine and has no scientific basis. We at Bark Avenue, a trusted natural pet store in Dallas Fort Worth, Texas, are here to prove otherwise.
Animal naturopathy is a science and discipline that follows certain principles. In fact, not all pet stores can apply this practice. We are, however, fortunate enough to have our very own certified animal naturopath who is also a certified carnivore nutritional consultant on our team. We can confidently say that we are here to guide you through the foundation of animal naturopathy.
Below are the key principles of animal naturopathy that we apply and provide in our store:
- The Healing Power of Nature – We aim to tap into the body’s natural ability to heal itself. This includes using natural remedies to boost your pet’s immune system and overall assist in the healing process.
- Identifying and Addressing the Cause – Our resident naturopath is trained to find and assist the body in removing the underlying cause of an illness rather than just eliminating or suppressing symptoms. Naturopaths help determine the cause of the illness, whether it is physical, mental, or emotional.
- First Do No Harm – Animal naturopaths use nature’s methods to minimize and avoid the risk of harmful side effects from conventional, chemically formulated medicine. Our remedies are here to address the imbalance of the body, not the symptoms.
- Target the Whole Animal – Having well-balanced health also means ensuring that all aspects (physical, mental and emotional) are considered. We provide and suggest safe and healthy ways for your pet to have fun and feel loved at home, i.e. raw bones and treats, interactive chew toys, locally made supplies, and super comfy pet beds.
- Prevention Is The Best Cure – Illness is due to imbalance – improper diet, habits, exposure to toxins and general lifestyle. Animal naturopaths assess risk factors and susceptibility to disease and make appropriate recommendations to prevent health challenges, or to prevent existing health challenges from developing into more serious or chronic states. The emphasis is on building health rather than treating disease.
Why Bark Avenue?
We at Bark Avenue are here to show families in the DFW, Texas area that when animal naturopathy is done right, it can greatly improve your pet’s health, which means more years for them live a healthy and happy life. We are the local leader in providing high quality pet care services, from having a certified animal naturopath on staff, trusted natural remedies and high quality raw food and treats.
Visit us now or contact us here through the website so we can help you right away. We are looking forward to meeting you and your family of pets soon!